INSTRUCTION TO THE FIFTH INDEPENDENCE INTERNATIONAL MATHEMATICAL COMPETITION ORGANIZED AFTER THE ANNIVERSARY OF CHINGELTEI DISTRICT
One. Purpose of the competition
The competition aims to provide opportunities for students to challenge various mathematical educational levels and immerse in current trends, to compete internationally, to propagate developments in mathematics by means of exchanging practices and techniques, and to advertise mathematics in Mongolia.
- Sponsor an initiating body
- Governor of Chingeltei District, Administration Office
- General organizer
- Education department of Chingeltei District
- Olonlog Central School
- Olonlog Academy School
- Olonlog Journal of Mathematics
- General sponsor
- Governor’s Office of Chingeltei district
Three. Scope of Participation
- Russian Federation
- Peoples Republic of China
- Inner Mongolia
- Peoples Republic of Korea
- Yonsu District
- Sunfa District
- Pusangjin District
- Shizuoka Province (Shimada city)
The Competition is divided in to two stages
- level: National level
- Students from the grades and teachers of primary and middle classes
- level: International level
- grade students selected from the national level shall become eligible to participate in the international level. Each country teams will be comprised of 3 students and 1 teacher as the leader of the team. The categories shall be classified as grade for senior level, grade for middle level and grade for primary level.
- Expenses relating to international participants not included in the team registration, will be assumed by the participants’ party. Expenses relating to Mongolian participants not included in the team registration will be subject to registration fee.
- The registration of National level will be held at Olonlog Central School between December 11, 2017 and December 15, 2017.
- Registration of International level shall be submitted electronically at email@example.com between October 01, 2017 and October 31, 2017. Individual registration of each team members will take place between December 18-22, 2017.
Six. Competition venue and date
- The competition at the National Level will take place at Olonlog Central School or Olonlog Academy in date of December 16, 2017.
- The competition at the International Level will take place at Olonlog Central school or Olonlog Academy on December 23, 2017. Reception of incoming international participants will take place on December 20, 2017. Organizers will assume expenses associated with accommodation and meals between December 20, 2017 and December 25, 2017.
- Announcement regarding schedule or program of the Competition and other details will be made 2 months prior to the Competition.
Seven. Competition rules
- Problem submission and selection
- Organizing committee of the Independence International Mathematics Competition shall determine the submission and selection of problems.
- Each participant must be registered and in possession of a mandate.
- A participant may participate, in addition to his/her category, in categories above his/her category provided that registration of additional participation is made accordingly. National level competition will be comprised of four problems each with seven points and subject to four hours and thirty minutes. International Level competition will be comprised of five problems each with 7 scores subject to five hours.
- Schedule of the Competition will be made in accordance to section 6. Late participants may not be allowed into the Competition.
- Results and Problem defending
- Problem defending will take place between 10:00-16:00 hours on December 24, 2017.
- Problem defending will be made in accordance with the rules and regulations of Organizing committee of the Independence International Mathematics Olympiad.
- Results of the Competition will be announced via of www.olonlog.com, www.olympiad.mn and www.chingeltei.gov.mn websites.
- Final results shall be announced through the aforementioned websites and in written declaration at Olonlog Central school.
- First place students shall be rewarded in accordance with section 8.
Eight. Awards and prize
It shall be giving awards named after the Governor’s office of Chingeltei District, certificate and medal of the Independence Competitio to the up to 10 top percentile participants of the National level and up to top 20 percentile participants of the International level.
Nine. Results discussion
It will be organized at 19:00PM on December 24, 2017.
Remark: The location of Result discussion shall be disclosed at www.olonlog.com, www.olympiad.mn and www.chingeltei.gov.mn websites.
Address: Ulaanbaatar city, Chingeltei district, khoroo, Juulchinii street-53, Olonlog Central School,
Tel: 99063221, 86003476, 99002797, 96619996, 91911307, 95959848
Website: www.olonlog.com, www.olympiad.mn
GOVERNOR’S OFFICE THE
EDUCATION DEPARTMENT OF THE
OLONLOG CENTRAL SCHOOL